Thursday, February 22, 2018

Dispatch 1.a


Field Notes - Dispatch 1.a – Palm Desert

Hello Fellow Adventures!

MR and I just returned from cycling to the gym for a session in which MR once again out bench pressed me. I suppose I should get used to it. After all, 70 pounds is a dangerous amount of weight to have above your head. I am too smart to risk it even if I could.

The weather here is astonishingly nice but you don't want to hear about it or the humming birds that arrived at our patio about fifteen minutes after I put up the feeder. We drink coffee out there and watch the Bird War while we read the paper. Not bad for January 3.

We finally got all of our safari equipment removed from the Outback and installed in our winter quarters. Honestly, we brought almost everything we own. The Normandy invasion was accomplished with less stuff. I brought three computers and four tablets and that does not include speakers, printer, tools, and roku box. When I turn it all on the lights dim in the neighborhood. I am not even going to bring up the number of shoes MR brought!

I have been here about forty eight hours and already I am hard at work doing computer consulting for some Canadian pals we met last year. They button hole me at the gym and suddenly I am doing an impromptu lecture on Apple operating systems. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about Apple operating systems. Oh, well, as long as no fees are paid I cannot be sued. That is true isn't it?

Not sure what today's activities are going to be. MR has not given me my marching orders yet. She has been on-line signing us up for cooking classes and a book club. All I want to do is lay around the pool and have drinks with little umbrellas in them. Guess who will get her way.