Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dispatch 41

Dispatch 41 
Palm Desert Flood Plain
January 17, 2019


Greetings Fellow Adventurers!

It has been raining here for days. I am not kidding. We are talking deluge on a biblical scale. Twenty-four hours a day, full on deluge; I have seen coyotes wash past our house. The mountains are filling with snow, the reservoirs with rain. It is really putting a cramp in my sun-filled, poolside, snow birder lifestyle.

Everyone who lives here is doing a happy dance because now they will not have to shrivel up and die of thirst this summer. They do not care about snowbird comforts one little bit. They are so selfish, it is unbelievable!

Well, I should admit the Canadians who live next door remain happy. They are perpetually cheerful in their Gortex jackets and rubber boots. I am sure I could sneak up on your typical Canadian and hit them with a rock and they would still be happy. Rain does not bother them in the least. They are DELIGHTED for the locals. What nonsense. Well, what can you expect from a people who live mostly north of the arctic circle? They are grateful to not be eating their Canadian fur seal entrees and drinking fermented yak milk.

Anyway, this note is just to let you know we have not drowned in some flash flood or mudslide which are so typical of saturated topography.
That is all I have to say for now. If you need any sunblock let me know. We are not using any our twelve bottle supply.

PS. This is a snapshot of Palm Desert when it rains for days. It is a photo of a bunch of Canadians going to lunch at a restaurant on high ground. I am sure they are laughing and having a good time. GRRRR.